Friday, January 18, 2008

Economy Relief Package

Ok, so let's be honest. I'm a little burned up about the fact that the "Bush tax cuts" only benefit in any way shape or form, people that make over $100,000/year. However, getting a six-hundred dollar check from Uncle Sam while every day we go into more and more debt to foreign nations is not a reasonable solution in my mind.

Would I like to have six-hundred dollars? sure.

Did I do anything to earn it? nope.

Unfortunately it is a universal truth that it is the tendency of government to perpetually increase in size (exponentially over time); Never to decrease. However, this administration is setting up this country to experience a very very very hard fall in the next decade or so. To all the people that are saying that we are in a recession now, you haven't seen anything yet! You don't need an economics degree to realize that there is a breaking point where you borrow too much money to even pay back the interest where you are absolutely fucked.

So President Bush, first of all take the billions of dollars that you saved the American wealthy over the course of the past several years with your tax cuts; Combine that with the BILLIONS of dollars you have basically GIVEN away to your business associates and friends through no-bid contracts, back door dealings or outright theft; Combine THAT with the $600 that you want to give to me, and shove it straight up your fucking ass, you fink.

Put it back in the treasury, balance the budget (or at least make an EFFORT), and do some real work to lessen the shock that this country is about to experience.

6 comments:

C.M. Strapz said...

"Did I do anything to earn it? nope."

Other than bust your ass working 40+ hours a week to have the government take 50% of your pay. Other than that, you didn't do anything to earn that money.

The Swindle said...

By that logic, you are just creating higher government spending and more government programs. I'm not asking for reparations for past wrongdoing in a slavery/modern America type of way. Just fix it for the future. Cut the bullshit out of the budget, trim back the necessary things and lower my overall income tax to 10%. Then I will be happy.

C.M. Strapz said...

My point was merely that you shouldn't have to earn back from the government what you already earned once through your sweat.

I don't think we're too far apart on the spending issue, though I think we may differ as to what the limited amount of money the federal government gets should be spent on.

As an aside - I take significant issue with your characterization of the Bush tax cuts. Your statement shows that you have bought into the media propaganda. The lowest income tax bracket was reduced from 15% to 10%, which is an actual reduction of 33% in the amount of taxes paid by the lowest income taxpayers. The top tax rate decreased from 39.6% to 35%, which is an actual decrease of just over 10% in actual taxes paid. Add in the doubling in the child tax credit, and I'm left wondering why you think that only people who make 100K+ benefited.

The Swindle said...

1992 1993 - 2003-
2000 2001 2002 2007
15% 15% 15% 10% 10%
15% 15%
28% 28% 27.5% 27% 25%
31% 31% 30.5% 30% 28%
36% 35.5% 35% 33%
39.6% 39.1% 38.6% 35%

Ok, but here's the thing. That 10% tax bracket that was created is only on the first 7k that someone earns. While the 15% upper barrier remained the same (controlled for inflation). I was incorrect about the next bracket (the middle class). That was my fault, I misinterpreted incorrect data, which was a double no-no. So, the middle class got a 2% tax cut, but the highest class got a 3.6% tax cut. It's not bad enough that that is double (percentage wise) the tax cut that the middle class got, but in terms of real money flowing into the government, you can see why it is no wonder why we have a massive deficit (forget about the national debt). No one bothered to balance the goddamn books, and that's wrong. I am all for cutting taxes, but everything this man does is specifically designed to advance his own agenda and that of the elite in this country; not the masses. And THAT is what burns me up. Making the privileged more privileged, corporate welfare, and tax breaks for the rich... they're all part of this clown's tricks.

Now, if you want to talk about fundamental problems with the tax code, I'm all for that, but I am looking at this specific situation in the framework in which it exists.

The Swindle said...

Sorry that's illegible, I spent a lot of time formatting it, but it didn't hold... I know you know what I'm talking about anyway though.

job said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.