Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rude People - skip unless you're REALLY bored.

So I come into a computer lab today, as I do on most days, and as I walk through the door, I hesitate to look to my left... why? Because I know that someone over there is glaring at me viciously. Now, I'm all for being unfriendly, minding your own business, things like that. But to hate someone you don't even know as vehemotly as this girl obviously hates me is absolutely ridiculous.

Hate is an odd thing. Everyone hates, and everyone hates for different reasons. Since everyone does it, is it ok?

Some people hate because of heartbreak, some hate because someone has wronged them. But what about the people that hate because of appearances or becuase of beliefs? Is their hate any less justified than other hate? All hate only prolongs the circle of hate and is anti-progress, so why is some hate justifiable.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should be shiny happy people. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you and I are no better than any other human being. We're all ignorant, we all stereotype (and are stereotypical) and we all hate.

Try to be a decent human being today.

No comments: