Monday, May 30, 2005

Buckle This!

So, I'm on my way back from a pleasant 2 days up at Anna's house in Columbus... and on the way home we start realizing that every freaking text scroll sign on the side of the freeway is telling us to "Click it or ticket". Now, as usual Anna and I were already carrying on a conversation about things we hate about society, and so that's where this comes in.

I wonder, how many MILLIONS of dollars the federal government has spent on radio, tv, signs, and increased highway patrol to try to get some idiot who has no concept of self-preservation to put on his damn seat belt. Now, I am an avid believer in natural selection (as some of you may know), and I just can't believe that this is a valuable use of our tax dollars. How about giving up on these idiots who aren't wearing seatbelts and fund the damn schools to teach their children how to grow up and NOT be like their parents? Sound like a plan? Anyway, the whole concept of passing more safety laws is personally disgusting to me. People should be able to deal with the responsibility of keeping themselves alive, and if they can't handle that small responsibility? Well, then maybe they really shouldn't have us keeping them from their destiny.


Remember those who fell for my right to print this today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its cheaper than medacare bills

Anonymous said...

Who is putting their seatbelt on because of any of these ads? I know people that are leaving their seatbelts off specifically because they are pissed that the government is getting too involved in their lives and personal decisions... now granted, I don't agree with that mindset, it's somewhat childish, but it is what it is... there are a lot of people in our country who are childish and think the same way.