Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Twenty-two

Here on the eve of my twenty-second birthday I sit and ponder the years that have gone by. I think about the good decisions and situations, and then sometimes wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Good decisions:

1) Returning to Miami - after a jaunt over to Youngstown State and Kent Ashtabula, I decided that Miami would be for me what I would make of it, and this time I was going to make it good.

2) ....

The problem with good decisions, is that most good decisions go unnoticed. The bad ones are much easier to spot.

Bad decisions:

1) Too much consideration for girls - Throughout my life, I have been haunted by mistakes that I have made when dealing with the fairer sex. I don't know why I do the things I do/did for girls, but I never really seem to learn.

2) The two-week engagement - Obviously the biggest mistake of my life. Terribly embarrassing, but all in all, I came out of it smelling pretty good, considering what could have happened.

3) Trying to take an on-ramp at 80 in the rain the night before I left for Miami - Broke my Ballsman Buick, and although Kurt and I both put lots of time and energy into it, it was never the same. We got it running again for about a day or two, and then it died for good.

4) Not putting enough effort into school - This one has hurt me in more ways than I can count. Not too much to say about it, other than I'm trying to learn from my mistakes.


I realize that this is a boring post, so I'm going to post another one after this. Most people may not understand most of the references in the next one, so to you people I will say, check back some other time.

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to have another post? ;)